Rampa do Forte de Mong Há

  Rampa do Forte de Mong Há is the road that winds up to the southeastern side of Colina Lótus. The Portuguese word “Rampa” means “slope” and “Forte” stands for “Fort”. The slope runs from Avenida do Coronel Mesquita in the south and ends at the Fountain Plaza of the Mong Ha Hill Municipal Park in the north. It is a curvy road measuring 366 metres in length and its width varies from 4 metres to 9 metres.
  Mong Ha Fortress (also known as Fortaleza do Lótus and Fortaleza da Negra) was an important fortification built at the north of Macao. It was constructed in 1849 but later fell into disuse. It underwent repair in 1864 and was restored by 1866. Yet by the end of the last century, it lost its importance as a fortification and was demolished after being abandoned for years. So far, it is one of the extant and well-preserved fortress sites in Macao. Nowadays, the Fortress and its subsidiary facilities had been transformed into the Mong Ha Hill Municipal Park and the teaching facilities of Institute for Tourism Studies, namely the campus building, pousada and restaurant.

Rampa do Forte de Mong Há